Thursday, April 21, 2011

How Deep Does the Vanity Vein Run?

    The past two days have been kind of difficult for me.  The reason for my short bout of sadness is that our son Johnathon got a DOC band.  The DOC band is a helmet that infants wear to reshape their heads, it is white, shaped oddly, and quite obviously there.  Johnathon doesn't seem to mind it being there, the day we got it, I cried all the way home and, Johnathon fell asleep.  He doesn't even mind the extra sweat his head is doing while it gets used to the band, or the little red spots on his skin while the Orthotist perfects the shape.  He is the perfect picture of patience and how to go with the flow. 
    The band is a necessary instrument in our little boy's growth but....this mommy is upset!  The reason I am giving for my reluctance is that I don't like torturing my little boy.  Seriously, who would want to wear that thing!  But, there is another reason...Johnathon is a cute little boy!  I really don't like the fact that he is being covered with this horrible thing for the next 2 months.  That's right I said it, I'm vain about my little one's appearance!  I don't want people staring at him because he has a helmet, I want them to stare because he's so cute.  It turns out my vein of vanity runs deep.  The next 2 months will be tough for me, but Johnathon won't know that and the helmet will be worn and taken care of exactly as it is suppose to because, although I dislike it immensely I do believe it's what's best for my baby so it will be done!
   Here is a great opportunity to post a picture of it but I'm not ready for that Haha!

1 comment:

  1. You are such a wonderful mother!!! Thank you for saying it how it is. Johnathan is so lucky to have you as his mama. And I will stare at him because he is so stinkin precious! Hugs to you both!

    ReplyDelete